Full Stack Developer
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer with a strong background in software development, RESTful web services, and writing accessible, efficient code.
Who you are:
- You’re empathetic, open-minded, and collaborative
- You have strong knowledge of RESTful API design
- You have experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform
- You test your code
What you’ll do:
- Drive technical direction of core products
- Operate with independence to proactively identify and address issues and opportunities
- Collaborate on product vision, take ownership, and execute on your ideas
- Work closely with our team of designers and developers to build exceptional products and experiences
- Document APIs and software you help build
- Server deployment, scalability, and performance enhancements
- Work with customers to resolve issues and make product improvements
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Siteleaf and/or Dropmark
- Have skills or experience in product design
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Work with continuous integration and automation
- Have experience with Docker and secure code environments (Hoosegow, etc)
- Have experience with other programming languages like PHP or Go (in addition to Ruby)
- Are interested in iOS (Swift) or Android development
Oak is an independent design-led product studio in Brooklyn, New York. We make creative products like Dropmark and Siteleaf, and work on a number of other ventures. As a team we enjoy blurring the lines of design and engineering, and encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration as much as possible.
Read more about us on our About page.
While New York is preferred, we may consider remote for the right person. We are an equal opportunity team and value diversity at our company. Let’s be awesome together!
Sound like you?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you’re applying for and introduce yourself.