Gift guide from Oak Studios
‘Tis the most wine-derful time of the year!
We created this gift guide so you can focus on merrymaking this holiday season.
- If you’re in an open office like ours, your choice of headphones becomes a divisive topic for even the mildest mannered team. Keep your terrible music taste to yourself without compromising on quality with these Jabra Elite True Wireless Earbuds.
- While not the most glamorous of gifts, backing your stuff up is everything. Make it easy to practice good digital health with a 2TB My Passport SSD Portable Storage.
- Relive the glory days of 90’s gaming with a Sega Dreamcast available on eBay. You’ll want the Sonic Adventure game too.
- Add a bit of joy to anything that brings you down with these huge googly eyes. They’re too big to fit on our Roomba but might be a good idea to give our fridge a new level of personality.
- This tall terrazzo vase gives peak 2018 vibes. Stuff it with flowers, twigs, or all the random wires that you’re mostly sure that you no longer need.
- Get plants delivered to your doorstep with a subscription from The Sill. Perfect for those with green thumbs, and those with aspirations to one day keep a humble Pothos alive.
- Carry your googly eyes, plants, and vase around in this 26-liter backpack. It’s water-resistant, roomy and made in Italy, so you should feel sufficiently stylish.
- Celebrate your love for staying home with an embroidery from Oak’s very own Jojo Giltsoff.
- Read the book behind the Netflix sensation Salt Fat Acid Heat by Samin Nosrat. Bound to make you hungry and maybe even a better cook.
- Delight the type or film nerds in your life with Typeset in the Future by Dave Addey - it explores design and typography in all your favorite science fiction flicks. Get a feel for the book with some deep dives into the likes of WALL·E and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Remind the people in your life that there’s life outside their iPhone with Robin Sloane’s Sourdough. A fast-paced, quirky novel that rallies against soylent with robots and a simple sourdough starter. Think Silicon Valley meets Chef’s Table.
- Emily St John Mandel’s Station Eleven is a great gift for anyone, but in particular, the technology obsessed. The novel follows a cast of characters living through a flu-like apocalypse; and what happens when life as we know it is gone in a matter of days.
Happy Holidays from the Oak team!